Independent Duchy of Corussa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Wars 2 roleplaying guild.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8-31-12: Dominance Hell March

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Quae

Character sheet
Name: Bakshi'baal Ryva
Class: Warrior

8-31-12: Dominance Hell March Empty
PostSubject: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:23 am

This particular post is just to inform everyone about the Dominance 'Hell March' through Divinity's Reach, to which we, as allies via AWC, are invited to attend, either as joining in on the march or just to RP in the vicinity for the duration.

Time: Friday, Aug 31, 20:00:00 (GMT -4)

Details: Dominance Hell March (For Youtube) Details (As Posted on 2RP).

AWC is the Alliance War Council of Tarnished Coast, an IC joint venture to keep a constant alliance presence in the WvW maps. IDC has been considering membership for a while, as the Duchess explains here.

Last edited by Quae on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ashford

Ashford

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:12 am

What's the difference between a March and a Hell March? I take issue with the way that adjective is casually thrown in there, particularly in a game whose setting doesn't use that name for the underworld or anywhere else, and especially in a supposedly RP event set in said world.

I appreciate that concepts like hell have cultural significance that transcends their religious origins, but the use of that term here seems completely flippant, contrary to any kind of RP interest, and it gives me huge doubts about the attitude and maturity of the people who propose to lead a server alliance.

And if it's in reference to the iconic theme tune... if I wanted to represent an alternate timeline USSR, I'd have joined a European server :p
Back to top Go down
Quae

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I haven't the foggiest. I do know that the individual organizing AWC has a very strong military background and I think so does the guild organizing the march, so I suspect it's simply some U.S. military jargon, and I don't believe the term is being used ICly.

But your concerns are valid! I'll inquire to Krage directly- he's the AWC leader and a member of Dominance- as to the reasoning behind its use.
Back to top Go down
Kelbere Caminion

Kelbere Caminion

Character sheet
Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm

And that's why we like you, because you ask all the questions, and are a good community rep.

Still i'm quite curious too on why 'Hell March' I suppose it could be to make it sound imposing or...something, instead of 'Military display of how fast we can walk along a road'
Back to top Go down
Quae

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Ahah, so, this was a case of misunderstanding on my part (I've updated the post accordingly)! This particular event is hosted solely by Dominance, a guild within AWC, and the invitation was extended because we are allied- it is not an official AWC event, it's purely through Dominance.

Krage says there will be an AWC parade, but it's remaining unscheduled until after our first two-week battle victory. He also assures us that it will have a lore-compliant name.
Back to top Go down
Ashford

Ashford

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks for clarifying!

I don't think it was a misunderstanding on your part, Quae. I've got the announcement on gw2rp's forums in front of me right now and the title reads "Alliance War Council Hell March (Open Roleplay Event - Divinity's Reach)."

Quote :

Alliance War Council guilds will form up into ranks at Divinity's Reach. They will be led by AWC leaders and <Dominance> in a Hell march around Divinity's Reach, becoming one large unit.

Emphasis mine, to highlight that it's clearly being publicly promoted as an AWC thing. Unfortunately if someone's then saying it's not an AWC thing as an aside to someone who raised questions, that just unsettles me more.

Thanks for looking into it for us, Quae. If I'm the only one who finds this is a worrying precedent then please don't feel obliged to pursue the matter. I will probably be at work on the 31st anyway.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Aislin
Admin
Duchess Aislin

Character sheet
Name: Mealla Aislin
Class: Elementalist

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:56 pm

The "Hell" march wasn't even mentioned on the AWC forum, and it wasn't worded quite like it was just going to be the one guild leading. I'll keep my eyes open on this. I've signed up tentatively in any case. I think the point in general is just to make a show of power. I'll also talk to Krage to get some idea of what will be considered official.
Back to top Go down
https://duchyofcorussa.canadian-forum.com
Quae

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:15 pm

It is true, however, that the person who posted the announcement was not Krage- so I think it's just misunderstandings all around. :3
Back to top Go down
Duchess Aislin
Admin
Duchess Aislin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:37 pm

My guess is that the march is just a parade around Divinity's Reach, and when it hits youtube the host is going to put it to the C&C theme music. But I've made inquiries about the ICness of the term hell march and the connotations for RP.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Aislin
Admin
Duchess Aislin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 pm

The event is not an official AWC event, but is hosted by the guild Dominance and open to AWC allies. There is a signup on the AWC site, so it is supported by AWC, but our parade will be after our first victory. I've signed up as tentative. if we have enough people to represent, then we can go, if not, no biggie.
Back to top Go down
Duchess Aislin
Admin
Duchess Aislin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I won't be there, as I'll be giving a send-off to a friend who is being deployed overseas. I have a feeling lots of us won't be there anyway.
Back to top Go down
Quae

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 pm

I also will not be attending. :3
Back to top Go down
Kelbere Caminion

Kelbere Caminion

Character sheet
Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I may be in game at that time, if so I may have a lurk and see what happens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8-31-12: Dominance Hell March   8-31-12: Dominance Hell March I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8-31-12: Dominance Hell March
Page 1 of 1