Independent Duchy of Corussa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guild Wars 2 roleplaying guild.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Member Applications

Go down 
+13
Kaitlynn Hathorn
Morwynne
Svlen
Shandra Bellows
BartaLemton6280
Verranicus
Sabriel
Ataeus
someoneinatree
Nevra
Townopolis
Viktor Raycard
Duchess Aislin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Uberstadt

New Member Applications - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member Applications   New Member Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 am

OOC Portion
1 ) What's your forum/@handle? Did anyone refer you?

Uberstadt - Uberstadt.4078
Guildwars2Roleplayers - my other guild is part of “Alliance War Council”

2 ) Are you a new or veteran roleplayer? What venues did you RP in previously? What's your familiarity with GW2 lore?

I’m a veteran RPer. I started RPing with every MMORPG I was involved in such as: FFXI, WoW, WAR, Rift, GW, SWTOR, but most notably Age of Conan which I ran a RP Guild and hosted RP events. When it comes to lore, I always read up on everything to get a better understanding of the world I’ll be RPing in. I have partially played the first GW, constantly read about GW2 and have read 2 GW2 books that have been released.

3 ) What are your interests in Guild Wars 2? (Rated as 1 - 5, with 1 very little and 5 very much)
Roleplaying: 5
PvE (dungeons, general): 5
PvP (World vs. World): 3
PvP (5 vs 5/Teams): 3
Crafting: 4

Why is your favorite aspect (above) your favorite?

Full immersion of the game and its lore. I enjoy living out my character and the rich world he/she is born in.

4 ) When can you usually be online, in what time zone?

I’m usually online late at night (9-11pm) and sometimes in the afternoon(12-1pm) when I’m not busy. I am in Pacific Time zone.

5 ) Do you consider yourself a casual player, or are you on more often than not?

I consider myself a casual player with sporadic intense gaming.

6 ) If given the opportunity, would you be interested in hosting events- RP or otherwise- or would you prefer to enjoy other peoples' works?

I can do both and I have hosted RP events before. For the time being, I would like to experience the events to gauge what people enjoy doing.

7 ) Advancement in this guild is based on participation both OOC and IC, and members will need to roleplay to pick up more responsibility. What are your thoughts on this system?

I believe this is a good and fair system. Members who are looking to advance in any guild need to show initiative, reliability and even dedication to the guild. This will demonstrate they have the time, knowledge and experience to be handed more responsibility. This is a roleplaying guild and as such roleplay has to be involved, but not to a certain point that it bars dedicated members from advancement. There are people who may not RP as often, but have the know-how to be a good leader.

8 ) What is the best number in all of mathematics, and why?

0.. Zero... it is absolute; it neither high or low; it is or isn’t or both; it may represent nothing, but it can represent something....or nothing at all which is something that is nothing. Confused? I might be or not... maybe... don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

9 ) Do you acknowledge and understand that we have a strict no-OOC-drama policy?

Absolutely. I truly believe that anything OOC should stay OOC unless it pertains to something constructive, beneficial and/or non-destructive for the well-being of the guild and its members.

10 ) Tell us a little bit about the last guild you were in- things you liked and disliked.

The last RP guild that I was extensively involved in was Age of Conan. I had multiple characters in different guilds, but working in concert with other great RPers to create a large RP community. My Barbarian was part of a Cimmerian (Conan’s people) only Clan (Elkhorn Clan,then later Spiritwolf Clan) which was involved with a blood feud with a neighboring clan over a past transgression (big complicated story full of bloodshed, demons, betrayal, and finger pointing hehe). My Assassin was part of an Amazonian sisterhood which only has female toons in the guild (Amazons of Hyboria) which I enjoyed. Also, my assassin established a shadow cult sub-guild which actually employed various RP members from a large percentage of the guilds in my server which served as a great spy network RPing and multi-guild involvement. I have really enjoyed all the RP guilds I have been involved in.
The only time I have disliked about any guilds are the “drama” and just out-of-control conflicts that are uncomfortable to others which bring harm to the guild. Another thing I dislike is the barrier between new members/ low level players from veteran / high level players. I love to help out newbies and lowbie toons whenever I can so that we all have equal fun all around and they feel like being a part of something.

11 ) Tell us what your expectations/hopes are for the Duchy.

To be involved and be a part of a great community of RPers, gamers and friends to play and enjoy a great game with.

12 ) Tell us what you hope to bring to the Duchy.

To share my knowledge, experience and camaraderie to a group of people that love roleplaying and the game as much as me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Portion

1 ) What character(s) do you intend to play as part of the Duchy? (Please give names as they appear in-game. Limit 3.) Please select one as your starting 'main' and indicate it as such. This can change later- just pick one for the sake of the application.

Lilith Ravenor (as of right now... maybe more to come)

2 ) What is the occupation of all the above characters? Include IC profession (engineer, warrior, etc,) and career- are they strictly fighters or do they only craft? Or is it a combination of both?

Sneaky sneaky thief.

3 ) What role do you hope they will fill within the Duchy? (Such as combat, town guard, craftsman, civilian)

Most likely Citizen with a bit of Combat such as a Spy / Scout.

4 ) Please give us a brief visual description of your main. Include age (apparent and real), race, and gender.

Female Human with a slender, agile and lithe body developed from a life time of thievery. Bystanders might mistake her for a weak street woman, but don’t be fooled by her looks. She has years of military service and has no problem taking life when needed. Her unmistakable feature are her medium straight hair of jet black. The flow of her hair invokes the vision of a raven swooping in for an attack.

5 ) What's your character's backstory, in summary? Include caste, parents/siblings, birthplace, notable events, current 'life status' upon IC interest in the Duchy.

The city of Ebonhawke, the last human settlement in Ascalonian lands. Living and surviving in a city of constant battle is no walk in the park. Lilith was born a life of constant hardship. Some say her family was killed during a siege and some say she was abandoned on the temple steps of Dwayna; but these are in the past she does not remember. Thieving from the privileged was her way of life; the roof, alleyways and rundown buildings her home; and the common street folks her family. Everyday is a gamble for your life and you hope that lucks at your side.

As a young woman, her luck finally ran out when she was finally caught by the city guard. Now a prisoner, she is under the iron gaze of the Ebon Vanguard. As her punishment, Lilith is now in the service of the vanguard as a lowly menial. As years go by, she started to experience and learn to be a part of something grander and to have a purpose in life. Once released from servitude, she formally joined the Ebon Vanguard as a scout in the war against the rebellious charr and human. During her missions out in the battlefield, she earned the nickname “Raven” when enemies/allies witness her pouncing through the air with blades slashing as if a raven swooping in for the kill. As a commemoration and her fondness of her new life and family, she took in the last name of Ravenor. Her new life in the vanguard was a life finally fulfilled, but the gods are ever so cruel.

On one fateful day, she was a assigned a reconnaissance mission not of strategic, but political importance which didn’t feel right to her. That feeling proved to be right when her party was ambushed and massacred during the mission by the charr. She survived the attack with the sacrifice of a comrade that saved her life. Using her as a political scapegoat for the failed mission, she was court martialed and discharged from the Ebon Vanguard. Angry and distraught, she leaves the city of Ebonhawke never to return again. Rumors have spread that a string of petty thievery has sprung in Divinity’s Reach. These crimes have been a thorn on the side of the city guards, but happiness to the common street folks. Has the raven returned for revenge or these string of events just a coincidence... never more.

6 ) Would you consider your character a 'good guy', a 'bad guy', or 'morally grey'? Why? Give us a situation your character has encountered that was 'morally interesting', and how they dealt with it. If the character is new, make up such a situation.

Morally good but bad to political figures and the occasional charr (It’s an Ebonhawke thing). She has a sense of responsibility to help those who are less fortunate than her. She has no trust for bureaucrats since they were responsible for ruining her life; and Charr soldiers which she has fought in the frontline for many years. Earning her trust would take time.

7 ) Why would your character join the Duchy? -- If you need plot assistance to convince them to do so, say so here, and what you have in mind.

She has become lost due to the death of her comrades and has no faith in the ruling government believing them corrupt. I might need plot assistance here. Hard to find a good reason for her joining the Duchy with such a dour outlook in life.

8 ) Following the above question, each character will have a unique 'joining story' RPed out for their induction into the Duchy. This might be a chance encounter in the wild, where members of the Duchy teamed up with/saved/were saved by your character, or a swapping of stories over ale. Do you have any 'cool ideas' on what your story should be? This will be a joint work!

I would love a joint work... the more the better! An interesting event would be my character accidentally stealing from one of your members (preferably one of influence.. from the Duchess would be hysterical, but not sure since she would be guarded... maybe a chance opportunity) and chased through the city streets.. and then either cornered OR barging into a tavern full of members of the Duchy. Either have her join willingly or even force her to join as a punishment which is the same situation that landed her to be a Ebon Vanguard. Either way... I would love a collab.

9 ) Tell us one nifty, unique or semi-unique thing about your character.

Uncontrollable habit of pick pocketing anything that seems valuable or easy... jewelry, coins, a shiny apple... she needs to be scolded/reprimanded constantly. She either does it out of spite to authority or its in her nature to steal.. either way, keep an eye on her hands.. she has an uncontrollable urge to tap her fingers when she thinking about stealing or feeling aggitated.

10 ) What's your character's general personality? Are they pessimistic and grouchy? Niave? Quiet?

Dour and fatalistic most of the time... Quiet when she is serious or on the job... Cold and rebellious to aristocrats and occasional Charr. She has grown up around common folks and soldiers a majority of her life so she is more comfortable being around her kind.

11 ) Do you understand that we do not accept characters from other IP works (No Batmans, no Luke Skywalkers) and we do not accept or tolerate characters without limitations/too high of a power threshold? (No DBZ combat, no Queen Jennahs.)

I totally understand. What is the point of RPing a character that has already been established or overly powerful???? It’ll be boring and pointless. It's the life of the everday person that brings excitement to RP. There might be a Warhammer 40k enthusiast out there that might recognize “Ravenor” even though it is not related to my character... I just like the name.

12 ) Anything else you feel we should know?

I am pretty sure everyone has multiple characters they spend time equally playing... I’m no exception, but i’ll surely be more active in any roleplay character that i’m more involved in.
Back to top Go down
Ingseris

New Member Applications - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member Applications   New Member Applications - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm

OOC Portion
1 ) What's your forum/@handle? Did anyone refer you?
Ingseriss.No one referred me I saw the guild tag while WvW.
2 ) Are you a new or veteran roleplayer? What venues did you RP in previously? What's your familiarity with GW2 lore?
I’ve Rped a short time with DnD, this is the first real mmo that I have rped with.

3 ) What are your interests in Guild Wars 2? (Rated as 1 - 5, with 1 very little and 5 very much)
Roleplaying:5
PvE (dungeons, general):5
PvP (World vs. World):5
PvP (5 vs 5/Teams):2
Crafting:2

Why is your favorite aspect (above) your favorite?
I Love to RP and have adventures, I also like the action and WvW.
4 ) When can you usually be online, in what time zone?
I am usually online in the afternoons and evenings, I am in EST.
5 ) Do you consider yourself a casual player, or are you on more often than not?
I am more of an avid player and would like to find somewhere that’s active and that I can find good RP.

6 ) If given the opportunity, would you be interested in hosting events- RP or otherwise- or would you prefer to enjoy other peoples' works?
I would help out where needed and help to host events.

7 ) Advancement in this guild is based on participation both OOC and IC, and members will need to roleplay to pick up more responsibility. What are your thoughts on this system?
I think that if you are going to let people help guide the guild that they need to show that they can do this and that are invested in making the guild a better place.
8 ) What is the best number in all of mathematics, and why?
1 , it’s for each person to decide that.
9 ) Do you acknowledge and understand that we have a strict no-OOC-drama policy?
I acknowledge and understand.
10 ) Tell us a little bit about the last guild you were in- things you liked and disliked.
I was in a RP guild, they were really nice and well organized but the guild was big and it was hard to get RP because it was very compartmentalized.

11 ) Tell us what your expectations/hopes are for the Duchy.
I hope to be a part of this new group and make the RP interesting and fun.
12 ) Tell us what you hope to bring to the Duchy.
I am a good natured person that is easy going and loves to RP.

IC Portion
1 ) What character(s) do you intend to play as part of the Duchy? (Please give names as they appear in-game. Limit 3.) Please select one as your starting 'main' and indicate it as such. This can change later- just pick one for the sake of the application.
Ingseriss
2 ) What is the occupation of all the above characters? Include IC profession (engineer, warrior, etc,) and career- are they strictly fighters or do they only craft? Or is it a combination of both?
My main character Ingseriss is an Engineer with a background in explosives and demolition. He is a fighter and loves to use explosives.
3 ) What role do you hope they will fill within the Duchy? (Such as combat, town guard, craftsman, civilian)
He would be a good part of the Army, as that is what he was been doing for many years.
4 ) Please give us a brief visual description of your main. Include age (apparent and real), race, and gender.
Ingseriss is 23 years of age, an average human Krytan male with red hair and blue eyes. He stands about 5’ 10”
5 ) What's your character's backstory, in summary? Include caste, parents/siblings, birthplace, notable events, current 'life status' upon IC interest in the Duchy.
Ingeriss was born in Kyrta, he doesn’t know where but he remembers coming to Divinity’s Reach at a young age with another family. When he was old enough he ran away to live on the street’s and worked what jobs he could find cleaning and moving things around. When he was 17 he found a job working as an assistant at the Royal Academy of Engineering. The Scholar he worked for saw he had a profound talent for explosives and chemistry. It wasn’t long before the scholar decided to teach him, Ingeriss learned about every aspect of Explosives and Chemistry. He worked hard every day learning as much as he could. He was allowed to prepare items for the Academy Classes and took pride that he knew how to make all these things. For three years he worked and learned, earning the respect as a demolitionist and explosives expert. When he was outside preparing a lesson for a class an explosion rocked part of the Academy. It had come from the lab of the Scholar. With haste he made his way to the lab only to find it completely missing. There was no way to find out what happened but it was believed the scholar was making an experimental compound. Ingeriss had to leave the Academy as there was no reason for him to stay and no work. When he got back to the room he called home and a workshop of his own. He found a note and wrapped package. In it contained a note from the Scholar explaining to him that he was testing the compound and that he would be fine. Ingeriss laughed at the note, the Scholar had been zealous and believed his work would always be successful. The note also said that the object in the wrapping was to help Ingeriss in his new life. He unwrapped the item to find it to be a fine leather notebook with a stylus to write with. Ingeriss packed his belongings and left Divinity’s Reach the next day. He would take the next three years and adventure though Tyria, honing his skills as a Demolitionist. The work was hard but he was able to learn and perfect his talents. After three years more he decided to Divinity’s Reach and seeks work he missed the city.
6 ) Would you consider your character a 'good guy', a 'bad guy', or 'morally grey'? Why? Give us a situation your character has encountered that was 'morally interesting', and how they dealt with it. If the character is new, make up such a situation.
If he saw someone beating someone he wouldn’t sit idly by and let it happen he would go and find out what was going on an intervene.
7 ) Why would your character join the Duchy? -- If you need plot assistance to convince them to do so, say so here, and what you have in mind.
I would need assistance to join the duchy.
8 ) Following the above question, each character will have a unique 'joining story' RPed out for their induction into the Duchy. This might be a chance encounter in the wild, where members of the Duchy teamed up with/saved/were saved by your character, or a swapping of stories over ale. Do you have any 'cool ideas' on what your story should be? This will be a joint work!
I’d like to have my character do a freelance missions hired by the Duchy as the Demolishinist.Then maybe have him join the Duchy after the mission.
9 ) Tell us one nifty, unique or semi-unique thing about your character.
My Character uses a pistol and shield and carry’s a tool kit attached to the inside of his shield.
10 ) What's your character's general personality? Are they pessimistic and grouchy? Niave? Quiet?
He’s a quiet person but’s not afraid to say something if he know’s it to be right.
11 ) Do you understand that we do not accept characters from other IP works (No Batmans, no Luke Skywalkers) and we do not accept or tolerate characters without limitations/too high of a power threshold? (No DBZ combat, no Queen Jennahs.)
Yes
12 ) Anything else you feel we should know?
No just that I hope I get the chance to speak with you further.
Back to top Go down

New Member Applications
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2